Sunday, March 22, 2015

New taste

As I am a vegetarian and a foreigner I have tried many new things over past few years. This time not entirely new but I tried eating pumpkin seeds that I have never had in my life, to try a new taste. Before eating it I had many questions in me that how exactly it tastes, is it hard, chewy, and bland? After trying it ....I felt like yes, it is little crunchy, little chewy, not so bitter but little sweetish but bland and mild, emotionless when I had it as it is. I felt like as if it is lacking some strong features in it. I tried both with shells and without shells on it. When I had them with the shells on it and the texture of shell was like eating fingernails. I am NAIL-BITER when I am nervous and I actually wanted to stop that bad habit of mine recently.  I was really disappointed after trying new thing over this weekend and spring break as it again reminded me of biting nails.
So, I suggested myself to try frying seeds. I fried and added salt and chili powder on it and the taste was amazing. It was salty and spicy, full of life, the tastes were fresh and flavorful. I was out of that disappointment and nervousness. Thanks to my positive thinking ability.
I just took picture of it and edited in Photoshop creating some moods out of it.

I added colors according to mood on it. I used grey, yellow and pink colors. Too much grey leads to feeling mostly nothing. I used grey to represent my first mood after tasting raw seeds. Then I used yellow and pink which represents my mood when I had fried seeds. Yellow because it relieved from nervousness I used pink as it is the color for relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment